ASOS is one of the largest online only fashion retailers in the world with websites in UK, Europe, USA and Australia.
They had noticed a rapidly growing trend of people using new digital platforms to trade their own fashion designs. Instead of seeing this as a threat ASOS wondered if they could turn this into an opportunity.
Lowe Profero created ASOS Marketplace: "The Online Global Fashion Democracy".
We conceived, designed and built a new business in 6 months.
ASOS marketplace is a revolutionary new destination for young fashionistas, to buy and sell, for up-and-coming designers to showcase their latest ranges and for handpicked boutiques to attract the fashion-conscious. It is a unique global platform for fashion to be bought, sold and obsessed over.
To make this work we had to create a democratic look & feel with a tone that is simple, straight-forward and universal; a photographic style and style guide that captures the individuality of the audience; whilst ensuring the site still looks and feels like the ASOS fashion brand.
We also had to design a best in class user experience: one that aligns with their natural journey's; pages that make the product engaging & emotionally appealing & that are clean & highly intuitive.
This had to sit on an enterprise scale technology platform that aligned with ASOS' strategic technology roadmap.
Three years on, Lowe Profero continues to be engaged as part of the operational team that optimises and continues to build out the experience. By using an agile product development methodology integrated with a Continuous Delivery process we provide the business with the true flexibility they need to drive the business forward.
- Millions of unique visitors per month and growing
- Millions of page views per month and growing
- ASOS Marketplace is a top 20 website on the Hitwise Fashion list
- All without any spending on advertising
- 600+ boutiques have been created on the site with thousands of new designers and individual sellers interacting with buyers across the globe
- 120,000 products available
- Anyone who wants to sell fashion can now connect to anyone who wants to buy fashion
- There are active users across 100 countries and thousand's of following boutiques
- All of which organically connects ASOS to new target audiences, new geographies and new fashion trends.